Amboise Market Tour - 2 hours
Based around the colourful and vibrant market, this tour runs on a Sunday starting at 10 am. The tour will introduce you to local stall holders & regional specialities, followed by food & wine tasting in the town.
Amboise Market Tour - 4 hours
Based around the colourful and vibrant market, this tour runs on a Friday starting at 10 am. The tour will introduce you to local stall holders & regional specialities, followed by food & wine tasting in the town.
Town Centre Wine and Food Tour
Based in the picturesque centre of town, this 2-hour tour runs in the early evening on Tuesday or Thursday. Sampling some of the best wines the Loire Valley has to offer, as well as savoury & sweet food tastings as we go.
For groups of 4 or more.
Let us organise a tailor-made tour for you, to fit your timeframe and tastes.
Call or email us to discuss your requirements.
Market tour overview
As we amble our way leisurely through the market stalls we will have time to experience the unique and colourful atmosphere of the regions most famous market. We will taste locally produced cheeses, regional charcuterie, seafood and much more! Our stroll will also include a little history and will continue in town where we will sample local wines and continue our tasting with both sweet & savoury goodies. 2 or 4 hour options. Starts at 10 am.
What we’ll taste
- Locally produced cheeses from a family-run fromagerie.
- Terrine, rillette, saucisson and other regional charcuterie.
- And other exciting and delicious offerings from the Basque region, the French Antilles and seafood from the coast – each market day is different!
- A selection of delicacies from an amazing epicerie that is also the perfect place to buy gifts to take home.
- Melt in the mouth chocolates from a renowned chocolaterie that has been in the same family for four generations.
- Crisp baguettes and mouth-watering macarons from one of the best boulangeries in town.
- Local wines from a cave à vin located right beneath Amboise castle
Wine and food town centre tour overview
This is a 2-hour tour based in the centre of the beautiful old quarter of Amboise and is timed not to eat into your days sight-seeing! Starting at 5 pm, the tour will include visits to 2 caves à vin where we will sample a fine selection of local wines in the company of qualified sommeliers. We will also be tasting sweet and savoury nibbles, cheese and charcuterie as we take in the early evening atmosphere of this historic town.
What we’ll taste
- A large selection of red, white & sparkling wines from the Loire & Cher valleys.
- Locally produced cheeses and regional charcuterie.
- Homemade chocolates from a renowned chocolaterie.
- A visit to an amazing epicerie that is also the perfect place to buy gifts to take home.
Price ● 45€ per person for a 2 hour tour, including all tastings.
75€ per person for a 4 hour tour, including all tastings and picnic lunch. Our tours are all conducted in English.
Distance ● We’ll be on our feet and moving for short periods throughout the tour. It will be very relaxed. Think of it as more of a stroll (imagine you are wearing a beret and carrying a baguette under your arm).
Meeting place ● We’ll send you the exact meeting point upon booking, but all our tours start and finish in the centre of Amboise (10 mins walk from the train station).
Group size ● We maintain a small group size (maximum 8 people) to ensure a relaxed and intimate experience.
Diet ● Please let us know about any dietary requirements prior to the tour and we’ll do our best to accommodate them.