Amboise Town Centre Tour
Join us and discover the cuisine, history and culture of one the Loire Valley’s most picturesque towns.
Amboise Market Tour
This tour runs on market days: Fridays and Sundays. It includes a shortened version of the town centre tour as well as a visit to the locally renowned Amboise market.
For groups of 4 or more.
You choose the time, the day and length of your tour.
Call or email us to discuss your requirement.
What we’ll taste
- Crisp baguettes and mouth-watering macarons from one of the best boulangeries in town.
- Locally produced cheeses from a family-run fromagerie.
- Terrine, rillette, saucisson and other meaty delights from a fun charcuterie.
- A selection of delicacies from an amazing epicerie that is also the perfect place to buy gifts to take home.
- Melt in the mouth chocolates from a renowned chocolaterie that has been in the same family for three generations.
- Yummy cakes from a traditional patisserie.
- Local wines from a cave à vin located right beneath Amboise castle.
As we walk and sample, we’ll collect provisions for our picnic lunch. We will then take all our scrumptious finds to a secret garden with views of the Chateau (4 hour tour).
Price ● 45€ per person for a 2 hour tour, including all tastings.
75€ per person for a 4 hour tour, including all tastings and picnic lunch. Our tours are all conducted in English.
Distance ● We’ll be on our feet and moving for short periods throughout the tour. It will be very relaxed. Think of it as more of a stroll (imagine you are wearing a beret and carrying a baguette under your arm).
Meeting place ● We’ll send you the exact meeting point upon booking, but all our tours start and finish in the centre of Amboise (10 mins walk from the train station).
Group size ● We maintain a small group size (maximum 8 people) to ensure a relaxed and intimate experience.
Diet ● Please let us know about any dietary requirements prior to the tour and we’ll do our best to accommodate them.